- @VINEXPO I will be there!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Yep! RT @kantrowitzwine: @cathycorison @dmwine my new definition is if they are my age or older :)Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @bonniebenwick: The second of @dmwine's in-depth series. @Barboursville twitter.com/WaPoFood/statu…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @kantrowitzwine Yep. I’m an “old vine,” definitely!Tweeted 4 weeks ago
- @AcornWinery: @BMichaelWrites Thanks for the tip!Tweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
- The Winemaker's Hands 2: Domaine Trapet
- Let Red Car take you for a ride along the Sonoma Coast
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Tag Archives: Austria
Mention Austrian wine and you might spark a discussion about Grüner Veltliner and Zweigelt. These are the best known white and red grapes of Austria, respectively, and the country can legitimately claim them as “native” grapes. I’ve probably helped this … Continue reading
“We wanted to take a vacation once a year,” Martin Nigl said, explaining why his family dropped mixed farming of crops and livestock to specialize in wine grapes. “You can’t take a vacation from cows.” That’s a common theme among … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This is the kind of primal, fun, juicy wine that gets my blood pumping. Inky dark in color, fresh and herbaceous in aroma, and just pure juicy juice, for lack of a better descriptor, on the palate. It’s 80% Zweigelt, … Continue reading
Wine is going green. Like many of us trying to shrink our “carbon footprints” by using less electricity, recycling, or driving hybrid cars, the wine industry is becoming increasingly earth-friendly. At the Fair Lakes Whole Foods Market in Fairfax, Va., … Continue reading