- Best article pitch of the week: “Is Summer Camp a Vacation for Head Lice? – Expert Avail” #rolleyes #iwriteaboutwineTweeted 2 days ago
- Thanks! twitter.com/corkandforkva/…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Nats fans should vote Adam Eaton for #ASG, w/Zim, Harp, Murph, (Gio and Tanner).Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 month ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine's changing demographics: An interview with Ed Sands of Calvert Woodley
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Italy's Three Kings
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
Tag Archives: Barboursville
Luca Paschina, the talented winemaker at Barboursville Vineyards north of Charlottesville, has long argued that Virginia needs an iconic wine that is consistently good across vintages and can age well. Such a wine is necessary for Virginia to earn a reputation … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
Can Virginia wines stand tall among some of the best wines in the world? Undeniably yes, if the results of an in-depth tasting I attended on February 27 are any indication. The occasion was the second annual Virginia Wine Expo, … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading