- Andrew Stover stamps our #wine passports for PA. ow.ly/4niGoeTweeted 1 day ago
- I speak my mind! RT @galenglenwine: Thank you @dmwine @washingtonpost for stating Galen Glen “is simply outstanding” washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 1 day ago
- There’s logic to this. 😎 #wine twitter.com/txviognier/sta…Tweeted 2 days ago
- Commemorating Robert Mondavi's first #wine from 1966. #RobertMondavi50 https://t.co/ZNJxxbJe7HTweeted 1 week ago
- @yossieuncorked my net is limited to what’s distributed here.Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Virginia, Maryland impress the California judges
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
Tag Archives: Barboursville
Luca Paschina, the talented winemaker at Barboursville Vineyards north of Charlottesville, has long argued that Virginia needs an iconic wine that is consistently good across vintages and can age well. Such a wine is necessary for Virginia to earn a reputation … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
Can Virginia wines stand tall among some of the best wines in the world? Undeniably yes, if the results of an in-depth tasting I attended on February 27 are any indication. The occasion was the second annual Virginia Wine Expo, … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading