- @VINEXPO I will be there!Tweeted 1 week ago
- Yep! RT @kantrowitzwine: @cathycorison @dmwine my new definition is if they are my age or older :)Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @bonniebenwick: The second of @dmwine's in-depth series. @Barboursville twitter.com/WaPoFood/statu…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @kantrowitzwine Yep. I’m an “old vine,” definitely!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @AcornWinery: @BMichaelWrites Thanks for the tip!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Sneak Preview WoW: Lello Tinto 2009, Douro, $8
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Sneak Preview WoW: Murrieta's Well, The Whip 2010 $20
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: A wild, cheap Thanksgiving wine!
Tag Archives: Barboursville
Luca Paschina, the talented winemaker at Barboursville Vineyards north of Charlottesville, has long argued that Virginia needs an iconic wine that is consistently good across vintages and can age well. Such a wine is necessary for Virginia to earn a reputation … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
Can Virginia wines stand tall among some of the best wines in the world? Undeniably yes, if the results of an in-depth tasting I attended on February 27 are any indication. The occasion was the second annual Virginia Wine Expo, … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading