- @_nats86 Precisely! Well said! Go Nats!Tweeted 18 hours ago
- @Esther_mobley Already got one thanks, from Bedell Cellars, but I’ll still raise my hand. 😉Tweeted 18 hours ago
- @vinography I’d do it. If I could do it from here. 😉 But you’re right - it’s great that any major pub is upping wine coverage.Tweeted 19 hours ago
- @harveywine @megmaker Or is it just Friday night and time for baseball?Tweeted 21 hours ago
- @harveywine @megmaker If the winemaker’s contribution is not part of the wine’s terroir, are we not setting mankind against nature? 😎😉Tweeted 21 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Champagne
Berries and roses, not whiskers on kittens; bubbles up noses, not warm woolen mittens. These are a few of my favorite things — in my glass! Champagne Pannier Brut Rosé NV, 12% abv, $48.
Greetings from Vinexpo! I’m in Bordeaux for only my second visit to this biennial trade fair, having first come in 2009. That was the year Bordeaux was chasing the China market; Asia is much less prominent this year, and in … Continue reading
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading
To call other sparkling wines “champagne” is unfair, not only to champagne producers, which try to protect the brand, but also to the wide range of bubblies from around the world that have their own character and identity. Continue reading
Champagne is expensive — usually from $30 a bottle on up. The best values tend to kick in around the $40-$50 range. That’s another reason to treat them like fine wine and savor them out of a decent glass. Here … Continue reading
A new glass promises to help us enjoy Champagne to the utmost.
Claude Thibaut, the man who helped legitimize Virginia wine for restaurant sommeliers, today released a new cuvée called Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut. Like his popular Blanc de Chardonnay, the Xtra Brut is 100 percent Chardonnay grown in the Monticello AVA near … Continue reading
If you’re looking to splurge on your bubbles this holiday season, here are a few top specimens worth considering. Cheers! Nathalie Falmet Brut Nature 3 Stars Champagne, France, $66 Nathalie Falmet is the epitome of a small grower – she … Continue reading