- Check out this Wine from Vinum. I'm giving it 3 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553d2660b7d3cTweeted 1 day ago
- Just posted a wine del.ec/cv4fQOwTweeted 1 day ago
- 2013 Cartology Chenin from @bollewbroadbent. This is stunningly good old vines wine. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 2 days ago
- Exploring and restoring California's old vines. #wine ow.ly/M6WyuTweeted 2 days ago
- Check out this great Wine from Alheit. I'm giving it 5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553ae8270e8ffTweeted 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Virginia, Maryland impress the California judges
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- Wine Camp 2011: This wine's from WHERE?
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
Tag Archives: Chardonnay
Dinner on Austrian Airlines made me think of California chardonnay. Not that I wanted any, as the fruity, simple zweigelt was fine, but the in-flight entree en route from Washington to Vienna was chicken in cream sauce and that always … Continue reading
I consider myself part of the Anything But Chardonnay crowd – at least, until I taste one I really love. Lately I’ve tasted several from Chablis that make me think of converting to the Chardonnay side of the aisle. These … Continue reading
In the summer heat, we often say ixnay to the chardonnay, preferring lighter, more acidic white wines. But we shouldn’t reject chardonnay altogether. This week and next, in my Washington Post wine columns, I recommend some terrific chardonnays for summer … Continue reading
California does not have storied vineyards such as Clos de Vougeot or Romanee-Conti in Burgundy, Clos Ste. Hune in Alsace and Clos du Mesnil in Champagne. Certain vineyards, however, have performed superbly enough – if over decades rather than centuries … Continue reading