- RT @DougHeye: Great @dmwine piece of Robert Mondavi washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 1 day ago
- Somebody please fix Jake Tapper’s collar! #cnnTweeted 2 days ago
- Thank you! twitter.com/dougheye/statu…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @ReverseWineSnob: RT @alawine: How to tell time... RT @ReverseWineSnob: #wine #winelover https://t.co/sggmvcz0YMTweeted 3 days ago
- Except of course, it's not Falkenberg. #delectablefail twitter.com/dmwine/status/…Tweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Tag Archives: Jancis Robinson
This article appeared in The Washington Post in slightly different form on November 6, 2013. Coming next: My full interview with Hugh Johnson. There are books that teach you how to taste wine and books that describe how to make … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
Wine lovers like to wax poetic about “tasting history” when drinking an old wine, as if the warmth of that long-ago summer can be felt and a memory, or an historical event, conjured from the glass. Such history lessons are … Continue reading
When I wrote my column for today’s Washington Post Food section on books to buy the oenophiliac on your list, I left out the most imposing one. Primarily because of space, but also because I couldn’t bring myself to recommend … Continue reading
The worst kept secret in Virginia wine is now official: Sweely Estate winery, purchased last summer by Steve and Jean Case of America Online fame, will be renamed Early Mountain Vineyards, with a grand opening scheduled for later this spring. … Continue reading