- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6…Tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://t…Tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 3 days ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @LauraCatena: Si Si Si! @dmwine Vineyard Dirt does Matter "Does a vineyard’s dirt really affect the taste of what’s in your glass? https…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Fracchia “Voulet” Malvasia di Casorzo
- My Favorite Regional Wines of 2011
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- The Spotlight Shines on Regional Wine
Tag Archives: Jancis Robinson
This article appeared in The Washington Post in slightly different form on November 6, 2013. Coming next: My full interview with Hugh Johnson. There are books that teach you how to taste wine and books that describe how to make … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
Wine lovers like to wax poetic about “tasting history” when drinking an old wine, as if the warmth of that long-ago summer can be felt and a memory, or an historical event, conjured from the glass. Such history lessons are … Continue reading
When I wrote my column for today’s Washington Post Food section on books to buy the oenophiliac on your list, I left out the most imposing one. Primarily because of space, but also because I couldn’t bring myself to recommend … Continue reading
The worst kept secret in Virginia wine is now official: Sweely Estate winery, purchased last summer by Steve and Jean Case of America Online fame, will be renamed Early Mountain Vineyards, with a grand opening scheduled for later this spring. … Continue reading