- @bridgelanewine I love Long Island wines!Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://t…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 1 week ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Do "real oenophiles" like local wine?
- Wino the Week: Markowitsch Carnuntum Cuvée 2011
- Winemaker's Hands: Paul Drogemuller
- Toast Chinese New Year with sherry
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Why white wines should not always be drunk young ...
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
Tag Archives: Local Wine
I’ve been so busy the past several weeks that I’ve neglected this blog. So here’s catching up on a few things, especially some news that I let slip: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyards has been sold. Sugarloaf was established a decade ago on … Continue reading
Virginia and Maryland vintners have become adept at turning challenges into advantages. Case in point: The region’s variable climate. We get hot vintages, humid vintages, even hurricane vintages that have us looking for arks rather than barrels. (Anyone remember 2011?) … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
You can drink local wine any day, but you should Drink Local Wine on April 13. Okay, punning aside, the annual Drink Local Wine conference is fast approaching. After convening in Texas, Virginia, Missouri and Colorado, we are converging on … Continue reading