- RT @vinography: Well whooda thunk? Canada has tested 1,543 CA wines that it imports and none exceed its safe threshold for arsenic. http://…Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @DoukenieWinery: Latest info on #vawine industry specifics from Dr Tony Wolf (VA state viticulturist) are by way of @TrevorBaratko http:…Tweeted 7 hours ago
- Direct shipping is increasingly important for Napa wineries, fueling recent moves to limit winery traffic. #wine ow.ly/KWrF1Tweeted 3 days ago
- Vineyards and Amish Country are the only places tourists go to see farmers at work. #wine ow.ly/KWrqUTweeted 3 days ago
- @tomshall thanks!Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- Peter Chang, Kung Fu Master of Sichuan Cuisine
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Why white wines should not always be drunk young ...
Tag Archives: Local Wine
I’ve been so busy the past several weeks that I’ve neglected this blog. So here’s catching up on a few things, especially some news that I let slip: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyards has been sold. Sugarloaf was established a decade ago on … Continue reading
Virginia and Maryland vintners have become adept at turning challenges into advantages. Case in point: The region’s variable climate. We get hot vintages, humid vintages, even hurricane vintages that have us looking for arks rather than barrels. (Anyone remember 2011?) … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
You can drink local wine any day, but you should Drink Local Wine on April 13. Okay, punning aside, the annual Drink Local Wine conference is fast approaching. After convening in Texas, Virginia, Missouri and Colorado, we are converging on … Continue reading