- RT @PanosKakaviatos: Can you imagine? Virginia #wines featured in heart of #Alsace @dmwine @VisitVirginia @VaWineLife https://t.co/AoMw6quQ…Tweeted 5 hours ago
- Today’s regional selections. As I always say, “Open one of everything!” #wine #drinklocal ow.ly/i/eMpzwTweeted 3 days ago
- Happy #Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the feast! Cranberry linzertorte is on the menu! ow.ly/i/eLeTMTweeted 4 days ago
- @thedctweeter try Calvert Woodley, MacArthur Beverages or Schneider’s of Cap HillTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @winesofprovence: Cheers to that! "now that we’ve become enamored of rosé, we should not simply consign it to one season" @dmwine https:…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- WoW: Angulo Innocenti Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina $20
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
Tag Archives: Local Wine
I’ve been so busy the past several weeks that I’ve neglected this blog. So here’s catching up on a few things, especially some news that I let slip: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyards has been sold. Sugarloaf was established a decade ago on … Continue reading
Virginia and Maryland vintners have become adept at turning challenges into advantages. Case in point: The region’s variable climate. We get hot vintages, humid vintages, even hurricane vintages that have us looking for arks rather than barrels. (Anyone remember 2011?) … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
You can drink local wine any day, but you should Drink Local Wine on April 13. Okay, punning aside, the annual Drink Local Wine conference is fast approaching. After convening in Texas, Virginia, Missouri and Colorado, we are converging on … Continue reading