- @jasonchaas @washingtonpost Thanks, Jason!Tweeted 1 day ago
- It’s not about the #wine. dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/its…Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @ToshGiles: Here's the correct way to write about the #NapaFire & #TubbsFire impact on wine industry: washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… @dmwine Ta…Tweeted 6 days ago
- Toasting Napa and Sonoma - and their dreams. #napafire #sonomafire #wine https://t.co/30ksLpUf6CTweeted 1 week ago
- Stay strong, Napa and Sonoma! #napafire #sonomafireTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- It's not about the #wine.
- Chatting up the best and worst of cheap wines
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/2/2017
- Defining terroir with technology
Tag Archives: Rants
This is a slightly revised version of my column published October 12 on washingtonpost.com. As I write this, fires continue to spread across Northern California’s wine country for a sixth day, and it is still impossible to estimate the full … Continue reading
I don’t hear from my readers very often, but when I do, they typically begin, “I enjoy your columns. However … ” Two recent emails were so nasty that I thought I’d post them here in their entirety, along with … Continue reading
That does it. I’m starting an Internet campaign to “Save the Wine Geeks.” We’ve always had a bad name (usually “snob” or “elitist”) and we can let that slide off our backs. But I’m tired of the Mainstream Media using … Continue reading
It’s fashionable for wine scribes to bewail wine’s globalization – or mondalisation, as we francophiles like to say – the growing uniformity as countries around the world produce wines from the same grapes at excessive alcohol levels and abundant new … Continue reading