- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/19/2017 dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/wed…Tweeted 1 day ago
- Wine trivia #1 – What family is this? dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/win… https://t.co/ubVBNMI33ATweeted 2 days ago
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC’s wine bar scene dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/max… https://t.co/beZ7DM0QclTweeted 3 days ago
- Rejuvenating WineLine dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/rej… https://t.co/tMgMDchrS4Tweeted 4 days ago
- No better way to leave Chile than sampling small producer wines at the fine Vinum #wine bar near my gate. Viva Chil… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/19/2017
- Wine trivia #1 - What family is this?
- Rejuvenating WineLine
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC's wine bar scene
- Chardonnay - Yes, Chardonnay! - for Summer ...
- Real Men DO Drink Pink, Nigella!
- A Sauvignon World
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
Tag Archives: Spain
Why don’t we drink more sherry? Every time I explore this category of fortified wines I marvel at their quality, value and suitability with a wide variety of foods. I marveled again Friday as I tasted and talked sherry with … Continue reading
Some readers who do not regularly have a chance to read The Washington Post’s Wednesday Food section have asked me to post my columns and wine recommendations here more regularly. So I will try to do that in some form … Continue reading
There’s been some feather-ruffling on the wine blahblahsphere lately about a “war” between critics and sommeliers. As described by W. Blake Gray on Palate Press, sommeliers resent wine critics and their 100-point scoring systems because they try to democratize wine … Continue reading
In the bargain bubbly category, it’s hard to beat Cava, Spain’s answer to Champagne. I’ve tasted many of these over the years and rarely have I found one I didn’t like. To paraphrase Animal Farm, “All Cavas are good. Some … Continue reading
Maybe I was channeling my inner Jose Andres, but when my daughter presented me a mango-smoothie popsicle she’d made with her new Zoku popsicle maker, I immediately wondered how I could use this new toy in a different way. We … Continue reading
Earlier this month I wrote two columns for The Washington Post recommending sparkling wines for the holidays – one on wines above $30, the other for more budget-conscious revelers. All the wines were dry. That led one frustrated reader to … Continue reading