- 2013 Cartology Chenin from @bollewbroadbent. This is stunningly good old vines wine. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 6 hours ago
- Exploring and restoring California's old vines. #wine ow.ly/M6WyuTweeted 8 hours ago
- Check out this great Wine from Alheit. I'm giving it 5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553ae8270e8ffTweeted 1 day ago
- 2013. Stunningly good. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 1 day ago
- Looking for a Provence rosé at the Cannes film fest? Sorry - they're serving Mouton-Cadet, from Bordeaux. That's so wrong. #wineTweeted 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Tasting SLV and Mouton with Warren Winiarski
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Colorado wines impress
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- Parker: Will Bordeaux alienate the U.S. market?
Tag Archives: Spain
Why don’t we drink more sherry? Every time I explore this category of fortified wines I marvel at their quality, value and suitability with a wide variety of foods. I marveled again Friday as I tasted and talked sherry with … Continue reading
Some readers who do not regularly have a chance to read The Washington Post’s Wednesday Food section have asked me to post my columns and wine recommendations here more regularly. So I will try to do that in some form … Continue reading
There’s been some feather-ruffling on the wine blahblahsphere lately about a “war” between critics and sommeliers. As described by W. Blake Gray on Palate Press, sommeliers resent wine critics and their 100-point scoring systems because they try to democratize wine … Continue reading
In the bargain bubbly category, it’s hard to beat Cava, Spain’s answer to Champagne. I’ve tasted many of these over the years and rarely have I found one I didn’t like. To paraphrase Animal Farm, “All Cavas are good. Some … Continue reading
Maybe I was channeling my inner Jose Andres, but when my daughter presented me a mango-smoothie popsicle she’d made with her new Zoku popsicle maker, I immediately wondered how I could use this new toy in a different way. We … Continue reading
Earlier this month I wrote two columns for The Washington Post recommending sparkling wines for the holidays – one on wines above $30, the other for more budget-conscious revelers. All the wines were dry. That led one frustrated reader to … Continue reading