- @jasonchaas @washingtonpost Thanks, Jason!Tweeted 1 day ago
- It’s not about the #wine. dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/its…Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @ToshGiles: Here's the correct way to write about the #NapaFire & #TubbsFire impact on wine industry: washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… @dmwine Ta…Tweeted 6 days ago
- Toasting Napa and Sonoma - and their dreams. #napafire #sonomafire #wine https://t.co/30ksLpUf6CTweeted 1 week ago
- Stay strong, Napa and Sonoma! #napafire #sonomafireTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- It's not about the #wine.
- Chatting up the best and worst of cheap wines
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/2/2017
- Defining terroir with technology
Tag Archives: Sparkling Wine
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading
To call other sparkling wines “champagne” is unfair, not only to champagne producers, which try to protect the brand, but also to the wide range of bubblies from around the world that have their own character and identity. Continue reading
In the bargain bubbly category, it’s hard to beat Cava, Spain’s answer to Champagne. I’ve tasted many of these over the years and rarely have I found one I didn’t like. To paraphrase Animal Farm, “All Cavas are good. Some … Continue reading
Let’s face it – there’s nothing like Champagne, but Champagne is expensive. Sometimes we want the celebration of bubbles without the expense. Luckily, there are any number of tasty, inexpensive sparkling wines made around the world that can serve the … Continue reading
Throughout the Mid-Atlantic, folks are probably celebrating a prolonged Valentines Day – curling up with their loved ones to stay warm after hours outside shoveling snow. There may not be an opportunity to get to a flower shop for the … Continue reading