- @SuePlayer My friend had that in his cellar for years!Tweeted 1 week ago
- Lordy I hope there’s pet-nat! #tastecamp #lordyihope #OldWestminster #wine https://t.co/LbxswFAkkHTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @NakedWinesCOM: Amazing feature about immigrant families that helped shape American winemaking. via @dmwine - includes @DaliaCeja and Ev…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Thanks, Blake! twitter.com/wblakegray/sta…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @JoeYonan: This multimedia piece by @dmwine is worth spending some time with. Click on the play buttons for audio clips! https://t.co/Yb…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- At Trump Winery - Renovations, not demolitions
- Chablis: The Ultimate in Unoaked Chardonnay
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- RdV releases 2009 wines
Tag Archives: Sparkling Wine
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading
To call other sparkling wines “champagne” is unfair, not only to champagne producers, which try to protect the brand, but also to the wide range of bubblies from around the world that have their own character and identity. Continue reading
In the bargain bubbly category, it’s hard to beat Cava, Spain’s answer to Champagne. I’ve tasted many of these over the years and rarely have I found one I didn’t like. To paraphrase Animal Farm, “All Cavas are good. Some … Continue reading
Let’s face it – there’s nothing like Champagne, but Champagne is expensive. Sometimes we want the celebration of bubbles without the expense. Luckily, there are any number of tasty, inexpensive sparkling wines made around the world that can serve the … Continue reading
Throughout the Mid-Atlantic, folks are probably celebrating a prolonged Valentines Day – curling up with their loved ones to stay warm after hours outside shoveling snow. There may not be an opportunity to get to a flower shop for the … Continue reading