- Best article pitch of the week: “Is Summer Camp a Vacation for Head Lice? – Expert Avail” #rolleyes #iwriteaboutwineTweeted 2 days ago
- Thanks! twitter.com/corkandforkva/…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Nats fans should vote Adam Eaton for #ASG, w/Zim, Harp, Murph, (Gio and Tanner).Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 month ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine's changing demographics: An interview with Ed Sands of Calvert Woodley
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Italy's Three Kings
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
Tag Archives: Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving at my house has become a two-day bacchanal, though probably not quite like this one enjoyed by my friends at First Vine Wines. On Wednesday, my mother-in-law, Sheila Chang, cooked up a Chinese feast for 11, during which we … Continue reading
As I noted in my previous post, wine choices for Thanksgiving can be controversial and stress-laden. I received a few comments from folks agreeing and disagreeing with my various “mythbusting” efforts, so I thought I’d put it to you in … Continue reading
There will be no Sneak Preview Wine of the Week this week, as my Washington Post wine column appeared already in today’s special Thanksgiving Food section. So I offer instead my prepared remarks at last Thursday’s Uncorked D.C. charity dinner, … Continue reading
Yes, Partridge Foot. Or Pied de Perdrix to be exact. Here’s my take on this intriguing wine from my upcoming Thanksgiving recommendations in The Washington Post: Lionel Osmin Pied de Perdrix 2009 2 Stars GREAT VALUE Comte Tolosan, France, $ … Continue reading
For the past four years, I have had the pleasure of helping a small but growing fund-raising effort to aid So Others Might Eat (SOME), a Washington, D.C., charity that helps feed the homeless. This benefit dinner, held on the … Continue reading
Thanksgiving is coming, which means wine writers across the country are telling you to worry about what wines will clash with the cranberry sauce. To which I always say, “open one of everything” and turn the feast into a food-wine … Continue reading
Or as I always say, “Open one of everything!” But here’s my take on the food/wine pairing conundrum for this Thanksgiving, in Sunday’s Washington Post special Food section, with wine recommendations paired to featured recipes. Note the commenter who didn’t … Continue reading