- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt…Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats 🔜⚾️😃 https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- And the Winner Is: Glen Manor Hodder Hill 2009
- Traveling the World at Vinexpo
Tag Archives: Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving at my house has become a two-day bacchanal, though probably not quite like this one enjoyed by my friends at First Vine Wines. On Wednesday, my mother-in-law, Sheila Chang, cooked up a Chinese feast for 11, during which we … Continue reading
As I noted in my previous post, wine choices for Thanksgiving can be controversial and stress-laden. I received a few comments from folks agreeing and disagreeing with my various “mythbusting” efforts, so I thought I’d put it to you in … Continue reading
There will be no Sneak Preview Wine of the Week this week, as my Washington Post wine column appeared already in today’s special Thanksgiving Food section. So I offer instead my prepared remarks at last Thursday’s Uncorked D.C. charity dinner, … Continue reading
Yes, Partridge Foot. Or Pied de Perdrix to be exact. Here’s my take on this intriguing wine from my upcoming Thanksgiving recommendations in The Washington Post: Lionel Osmin Pied de Perdrix 2009 2 Stars GREAT VALUE Comte Tolosan, France, $ … Continue reading
For the past four years, I have had the pleasure of helping a small but growing fund-raising effort to aid So Others Might Eat (SOME), a Washington, D.C., charity that helps feed the homeless. This benefit dinner, held on the … Continue reading
Thanksgiving is coming, which means wine writers across the country are telling you to worry about what wines will clash with the cranberry sauce. To which I always say, “open one of everything” and turn the feast into a food-wine … Continue reading
Or as I always say, “Open one of everything!” But here’s my take on the food/wine pairing conundrum for this Thanksgiving, in Sunday’s Washington Post special Food section, with wine recommendations paired to featured recipes. Note the commenter who didn’t … Continue reading