- As I age, I just get cranky. ow.ly/IcRq305uOxY @littlestjamesTweeted 6 hours ago
- Guy outside Trump Tower shouting, “Trump is a rapist! trump mocks the disabled! Trump mocks me!” #onlyinamerica https://t.co/o41M7MuYH5Tweeted 1 week ago
- @wine_curmudgeon makes a curmudgeonly victory declaration #wine Drink local: It’s time to declare victory winecurmudgeon.com/drink-local-ti…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Sock it to me! twitter.com/zaytinyadc/sta…Tweeted 4 weeks ago
- Bubbles! Gramona Imperial Cava w/bone marrow kibbeh. Amazing! #sommsuncorked @ZaytinyaDC https://t.co/141tLAJlEoTweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- A Chance to Live the Luxury Wine Life in South Africa?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Tasting SLV and Mouton with Warren Winiarski
Tag Archives: Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving at my house has become a two-day bacchanal, though probably not quite like this one enjoyed by my friends at First Vine Wines. On Wednesday, my mother-in-law, Sheila Chang, cooked up a Chinese feast for 11, during which we … Continue reading
As I noted in my previous post, wine choices for Thanksgiving can be controversial and stress-laden. I received a few comments from folks agreeing and disagreeing with my various “mythbusting” efforts, so I thought I’d put it to you in … Continue reading
There will be no Sneak Preview Wine of the Week this week, as my Washington Post wine column appeared already in today’s special Thanksgiving Food section. So I offer instead my prepared remarks at last Thursday’s Uncorked D.C. charity dinner, … Continue reading
Yes, Partridge Foot. Or Pied de Perdrix to be exact. Here’s my take on this intriguing wine from my upcoming Thanksgiving recommendations in The Washington Post: Lionel Osmin Pied de Perdrix 2009 2 Stars GREAT VALUE Comte Tolosan, France, $ … Continue reading
For the past four years, I have had the pleasure of helping a small but growing fund-raising effort to aid So Others Might Eat (SOME), a Washington, D.C., charity that helps feed the homeless. This benefit dinner, held on the … Continue reading
Thanksgiving is coming, which means wine writers across the country are telling you to worry about what wines will clash with the cranberry sauce. To which I always say, “open one of everything” and turn the feast into a food-wine … Continue reading
Or as I always say, “Open one of everything!” But here’s my take on the food/wine pairing conundrum for this Thanksgiving, in Sunday’s Washington Post special Food section, with wine recommendations paired to featured recipes. Note the commenter who didn’t … Continue reading