- @VINEXPO I will be there!Tweeted 1 week ago
- Yep! RT @kantrowitzwine: @cathycorison @dmwine my new definition is if they are my age or older :)Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @bonniebenwick: The second of @dmwine's in-depth series. @Barboursville twitter.com/WaPoFood/statu…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @kantrowitzwine Yep. I’m an “old vine,” definitely!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @AcornWinery: @BMichaelWrites Thanks for the tip!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Sneak Preview WoW: Lello Tinto 2009, Douro, $8
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Sneak Preview WoW: Murrieta's Well, The Whip 2010 $20
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: A wild, cheap Thanksgiving wine!
Tag Archives: Virginia Wine
My wife and I had the pleasure last week of hosting Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon, while he was in DC judging a preliminary round of the 2015 Virginia Governor’s Cup wine competition. (Jeff posted his impressions of the … Continue reading
(In the “Trying to catch up on really good blog material I haven’t had time to post” department … ) Virginia wine has gotten some prominent loving recently from two of DC’s top toques. Robert Wiedmaier, chef-owner of Marcel’s, Brabo, … Continue reading
Virginia wine took a slap in the face Thursday, in this article in The Washington Post. The article described how newly inaugurated Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is trying to establish good relations with legislators from both parties by hosting daily … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
RdV Vineyards has helped raise the national profile of Virginia wine since it offered its first wines for sale two years ago. But vintner Rutger de Vink has always chafed at the marketing side of wine, acknowledging freely that he … Continue reading
Maybe this regional wine thing is for real after all. Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell announced this week that Virginia wineries sold nearly 485,000 cases of wine in 2012, a new record. Virginia wine sales have risen by an average of … Continue reading