- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://t…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 2 days ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @LauraCatena: Si Si Si! @dmwine Vineyard Dirt does Matter "Does a vineyard’s dirt really affect the taste of what’s in your glass? https…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- A quick guide to sherry
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- WineLine Poll #2: Who's Your Daddy?
- Do You Really Get What You Pay For in #Wine? No. 1
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
Tag Archives: Virginia Wine
Steven Spurrier came to Virginia and liked what he saw — and what he tasted. “Virginia makes the kind of wines I like to drink,” Spurrier said at the inaugural Virginia Wine Summit held in Richmond earlier this month. Coming … Continue reading
Steve and Jean Case threw a grand opening party for their Early Mountain Vineyards winery on Saturday, showcasing their renovated property and their innovative vision for promoting not just their own wines, but Virginia’s best from other producers as well. … Continue reading
Is the Patricia Kluge saga finally over? Let’s hope so, for our sake as well as hers. The New York Post reported Monday that Patricia Kluge is no longer working at the winery she built into the largest in the … Continue reading
I’m thrilled to be taking the local wine message to the Kojo Nnamdi Show on WAMU 88.5 FM today, Wednesday April 18, at 12 noon ET. The Kojo Show is local to the DC radio market, but of course anyone … Continue reading
Author’s note: After I wrote this column for The Washington Post about how local vintners were anxious about the early spring weather, but before it was published, warnings went out about a potential killer frost last weekend along the Piedmont … Continue reading
When I meet winemakers, I always want to look at their hands. Winemaking is literally a “hands-on” profession, and I find that the calluses, the stains, the rawness of their hands speaks wonders about their craft. These are the hands … Continue reading