My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- Champagne taste, beer budget. #wine (from 2008) ow.ly/I46d30mY0t9Tweeted 20 hours ago
- @airpleinmode Got one coming up! :-)Tweeted 20 hours ago
- @jenwgersten @wapo It was a great article, and applicable to wine as well!Tweeted 20 hours ago
- Time to rediscover classical music. @jenwgersten tells us why in this brilliant essay in @WaPo Outlook, with a grea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: Books to delight the wine lovers on your gift list wapo.st/2FAZh6p?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine News
- Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui - a Great Chocolate Wine
- Bruce Here's in Charge of the Sheep Dip
- Castello delle Regine: Stylish Wines from Umbria
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?