My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- @Juleecoo @ProWein No unfortunatelyTweeted 1 week ago
- Hey @tomsietsema - “A Rioja that tastes like a Burgundy” should have been your first clue! 🤔😄🍷 #wine ow.ly/ElCS30ik09HTweeted 1 week ago
- Found this unopened jar of peanut butter in the pantry. Lid says “Use by 05/15/07” 😱 How hungry am I?… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 1 week ago
- The final flight. #vawine #winelover #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
- So much #Zinfandel, so little time! #wine #ZAPTweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Dutton Goldfield Riesling - Marin County
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- A quick guide to sherry
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 12/6/2017
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Champagne Pannier Rosé Brut
- Coppo Brachetto d’Acqui Passione 2006
- Is Virginia wine about to meet the Internet age? In Case you were wondering ...