My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- RT @jncorcoran1: Here’s a $16 Austrian white to sip at picnics and cookouts wapo.st/3cfvnjp?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @VinPoesie: How to taste wine.... and have fun with it...🍷😍 washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… via @dmwineTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @smithstorywines: How an 80-pound #goldendoodle helped build a California wine brand - The Washington Post best #ThrowbackThursday #wine…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @winecompass @LeftFootCharley @repourwinesaver @BevFluence @MIWineCollab @ginashay1 @The_Cork_Report @PureMichigan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @WineNotEmi @GoodHarborWine Great wines! #openlocalwineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Rooting for Chenin
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- The RdV Salon Experience
- Champagne Pannier Rosé Brut
- Uncorked D.C. - Wine's generosity at its best
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?