My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- outstanding boxed #wine. Finally. Organic, too. $20 for 3L = $5/bottle. @OpiciWines https://t.co/LaFB60W0JzTweeted 1 week ago
- @EricAsimov Avocado is a big umami bomb! 👍Tweeted 1 week ago
- @MacariVineyards 💩 rules! 🤣Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @Winefamilies: #tariffied STILL TIME TO COMMENT...but the clock's ticking fast. It's crunch time. What Covid hasn't done to kill resta…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Pivoting back to the pandemic’s effects on the #wine industry. washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages