My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- @staceyjoanyoung I doubt there’s enough surplus wine to support such a model in Virginia.Tweeted 1 week ago
- Anything from @TablasCreek ! twitter.com/Sarah_Stierch/…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- I wish I could quadruple “like” this tweet. twitter.com/0emn0/status/1…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: Buying alcohol online is becoming our new normal, and these home delivery apps are cashing in washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… by @…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @TwoPaddocks: Every day on set with #SeanConnery was an object lesson in how to act on screen. But all that charisma and power- that wa…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine News
- Traditions and Rituals
- Bobby Kacher - Dean of the DC Importers
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Are Consumers to Blame for the Sorry State of #Wine?
- Oh, fair vino, whence cometh thou?
- Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane ...
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?