My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- RT @BetoComics: Vinos de Bolivia @dmwine washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @RedWolfImports: Support your local wine shop and go get them! @dmwine @DCWineFox ow.ly/VYre30lbj4DTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @smithstorywines: Worth the #retweet for sure! Thank you @dmwine for the lovely feature The Washington Post!How an 80-pound goldendoodle…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Okay, this made me laugh. twitter.com/UMBCAthletics/…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Traditions and Rituals dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/tra… https://t.co/7xv8WLy6uVTweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Peter Chang, Kung Fu Master of Sichuan Cuisine
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Italy's Three Kings
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Rooting for Chenin
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Rejuvenating WineLine