My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- Okay and oaky are anagrams. As in, “This #wine is okay ...”Tweeted 16 hours ago
- RT @chefjoseandres: People of America! If one day I become the Supreme Court nominee...I promise I will Love beer, ...but also sherry, an…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Once again, so proud to be part of this team. #wine twitter.com/WaPoFood/statu…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- What a cool school! twitter.com/ubcprez/status…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Is it just me, or is that woman saying, “This is a red #wine train to Glenmont”?Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Pairing wines with vegetarian food
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The RdV Salon Experience
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- The resilience of Burgundy
- Vintage perspective from Hugh Johnson
- Toasting Independence Day with Madeira
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?