- RT @gosandrew: @dmwine @littlestjames l love the quote about perfection in wine "‘Is there something I could suggest?’ But no — bingo, you…Tweeted 20 hours ago
- As I age, I just get cranky. ow.ly/IcRq305uOxY @littlestjamesTweeted 1 day ago
- Guy outside Trump Tower shouting, “Trump is a rapist! trump mocks the disabled! Trump mocks me!” #onlyinamerica https://t.co/o41M7MuYH5Tweeted 1 week ago
- @wine_curmudgeon makes a curmudgeonly victory declaration #wine Drink local: It’s time to declare victory winecurmudgeon.com/drink-local-ti…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Sock it to me! twitter.com/zaytinyadc/sta…Tweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Retailer Interview: Vanessa Moore of Unwined, in Alexandria, Va.
- Early Mountain Vineyards makes a case for Virginia wine
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- America's Southernmost Winery
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- More on the Loss of Billington Wines
- Book Review: Roy Cloud's "To Burgundy and Back Again"
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
Tag Archives: Wine
Bordeaux is transforming itself. Change was widely on display during Vinexpo, the biennial trade fair held this month at the city’s Parc des Expositions with satellite parties at chateaux throughout the Left and Right Banks. The visible changes were magnificent … Continue reading
Greetings from Vinexpo! I’m in Bordeaux for only my second visit to this biennial trade fair, having first come in 2009. That was the year Bordeaux was chasing the China market; Asia is much less prominent this year, and in … Continue reading
My wife and I had the pleasure last week of hosting Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon, while he was in DC judging a preliminary round of the 2015 Virginia Governor’s Cup wine competition. (Jeff posted his impressions of the … Continue reading
It was only a matter of time before wine auctions go online, like everything else. This year’s Cape Auction in South Africa may not be the first to try this, but they’ve gone virtual in a big way, with a month … Continue reading
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading