- 2013 Cartology Chenin from @bollewbroadbent. This is stunningly good old vines wine. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 13 hours ago
- Exploring and restoring California's old vines. #wine ow.ly/M6WyuTweeted 15 hours ago
- Check out this great Wine from Alheit. I'm giving it 5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553ae8270e8ffTweeted 1 day ago
- 2013. Stunningly good. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 1 day ago
- Looking for a Provence rosé at the Cannes film fest? Sorry - they're serving Mouton-Cadet, from Bordeaux. That's so wrong. #wineTweeted 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- The RdV Salon Experience
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Parker: Will Bordeaux alienate the U.S. market?
- Sneak Preview WoW: Lello Tinto 2009, Douro, $8
Tag Archives: Wine
My wife and I had the pleasure last week of hosting Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon, while he was in DC judging a preliminary round of the 2015 Virginia Governor’s Cup wine competition. (Jeff posted his impressions of the … Continue reading
It was only a matter of time before wine auctions go online, like everything else. This year’s Cape Auction in South Africa may not be the first to try this, but they’ve gone virtual in a big way, with a month … Continue reading
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading
Champagne is expensive — usually from $30 a bottle on up. The best values tend to kick in around the $40-$50 range. That’s another reason to treat them like fine wine and savor them out of a decent glass. Here … Continue reading