- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats httâŚTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats đâžď¸đ https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://âŚTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru ClassĂŠ of St. Emilion
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- And the Winner Is: Glen Manor Hodder Hill 2009
- Traveling the World at Vinexpo
Tag Archives: Italy
Some readers who do not regularly have a chance to read The Washington Post’s Wednesday Food section have asked me to post my columns and wine recommendations here more regularly. So I will try to do that in some form … Continue reading
Here’s my dirty little secret: I love white wines. In WineLine #26, way back in January 2003 before these online scribblings were called blogs, I issued an impassioned defense of white wines. Sometimes, I even think I prefer white wines … Continue reading
Dominic Nocerino oozes luxury and style, from his tailored suit and silk ties to the triple-digit prices in the portfolio of wines he has built for Vinifera Imports, the company he founded in 1979. Yet along with the good-natured instant … Continue reading
Earlier this month I wrote two columns for The Washington Post recommending sparkling wines for the holidays – one on wines above $30, the other for more budget-conscious revelers. All the wines were dry. That led one frustrated reader to … Continue reading
When I began my wine explorations two decades ago, one store in DC I regularly visited was Mayflower Wine & Spirits, on M St NW. The store specialized in Italian wines, but it had a great selection from around the … Continue reading
Most of the Brachetto wines I tasted for my column this week in The Washington Post were bright, fruity, delightfully fun wines, spritzy with bubbles and deliciously sweet. The Coppo Passione 2006 ($28) was more complex, more serious. Its color … Continue reading
No, not a chocolate-flavored wine, but a great wine to pair with chocolate, especially cake and cookies and other confections. â€˜Smores, perhaps? No need for stuffy gourmandise when the wine is as fun as a Brachetto dâ€™Acqui. If youâ€™ve only … Continue reading