- RT @Virginia_Made: Why, yes Virginia, there is a Sparkling Norton. @Casanel Vineyard's Red Spark @dmwine @TheVAGrape @WineAboutVa @vawine…Tweeted 1 hour ago
- RT @itswinebyme: Happy 40th Joel Peterson and @ravenswoodwine! Who knew his first target market was DC!Thanks @dmwine for the intel! https:…Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ArrowineInc: If you combine "wine" with "dinner", the new word is "winner".Tweeted 3 days ago
- Thanks, Ray! twitter.com/islewine/statu…Tweeted 5 days ago
- The #Nationals manager compares his #wine and #baseball seasons. washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- The RdV Salon Experience
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Category Archives: Jancis
This article appeared in The Washington Post in slightly different form on November 6, 2013. Coming next: My full interview with Hugh Johnson. There are books that teach you how to taste wine and books that describe how to make … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
In case you missed it, Jancis Robinson mentioned Drink Local Wine in her recent Financial Times column about the revolution in U.S. wine that she and Linda Murphy chronicled in their new book, American Wine: The Ultimate Companion to the … Continue reading