- Direct shipping is increasingly important for Napa wineries, fueling recent moves to limit winery traffic. #wine ow.ly/KWrF1Tweeted 2 days ago
- Vineyards and Amish Country are the only places tourists go to see farmers at work. #wine ow.ly/KWrqUTweeted 2 days ago
- @tomshall thanks!Tweeted 5 days ago
- A big shout out to @Carrie_the_Red of @WaPoFood for her @beardfoundation nomination for her excellent spirits writing! #wineTweeted 6 days ago
- And congrats to @tamarhaspel also of @WaPoFood for her @beardfoundation nomination!Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Pairing wines with vegetarian food
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- Uncorked D.C. - Wine's generosity at its best
Tag Archives: Cabernet Franc
There are wines of the sun, wines of the soil, and wines of the test tube. I enjoy the first, love the second, and try to avoid the third. It’s not that simple, of course. Wine never is, or we … Continue reading
Local wines shined – or at least won some shiny medals – at two recent competitions in California. At this year’s San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, the largest annual contest featuring wines from around the United States, Barboursville Vineyards took … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading
I can’t think of anything to say about this wine. It’s pretty good!